Do underwater welders get attacked by sharks & How to avoid?
Underwater welding has been greatly familiarized in today’s welding era. It is a risky job to do but surely a profitable one for you as a welder.
You must consider the fact that underwater welding is a dangerous one. Moreover, you should adopt and learn proper skills.
Above all, your profession will make you work underwater or at sea, which will surely be a challenging one for you.
You are ready to accept the challenges and work for underwater welding. Despite your preventive measures, there is always a possibility of a shark attack underwater while working.
Scary one indeed!! Well, this article describes the matter in detail.
Let’s dive in.
Underwater welding shark attack
You will need to have specialized training and unique types of skills for your purpose to be an underwater welder.
Not an easy job, right? You need to have proper diving knowledge and also deal with uncertain conditions. One of them, a very risky one to face, is facing a shark while working underwater.
Yes, though the possibility is very low, we cannot deny the fact that shark attacks may take place in your working zone.
Read More: How Does Underwater Welding Work? (Explained In-Depth)
Do underwater welders get attacked by sharks?
Sharks are considered deadly creatures for humans. As an underwater welder, you need to work under seawater.
Therefore, you are always exposed to marine wildlife there. Sharks are a part of them. So, there is a possibility that they might attack you while you are working underwater.
This occurrence is not commonly seen but as an underwater welder, you must be conscious of the matter.
Do sharks attack underwater welders?
As a potentially deadly creatures, sharks are always in search of their prey. They become furious, especially during hunger.
It would be a serious encounter for you if you face a hungry shark. It will surely attack you as humans are its favorite prey.
Yes, sharks can attack underwater welders.
Why will a shark attack welder?
Sharks or deadly marine creatures are able to attack a diver underwater welder.
The reasons can be many. Some of them are:
- One of the main reasons that sharks may attack you is hunger. The food habits of sharks mainly depend on other marine animals. If you come across a hungry shark, it will consider you as its regular prey.
- A shark may attack a welder if he comes in the way while it is hunting. A shark may be chasing its prey and you may get in the way, surely it will attack you for the disturbance.
- A shark may also attack when it is provoked. If you dare to provoke a shark, it may be a serious encounter for you.
What if you get attacked?
It will surely be a bad day for you if you face the attack of a shark. The thought of facing a shark is always a scary one.
No matter what your thoughts are you won’t be able to figure out the actual scenario unless you have an encounter with a shark.
If a shark attacks an underwater welder, surely it will be a severe experience.
- Without any doubt, it will be hurtful if a shark bites you. Their teeth are so sharp that the pressure might not be felt while the teeth are going in. It will hurt but your survival mode will be on and you have to give your best to get rid of that shark.
- Your mind will work at hyperspeed. You will be proactive to get out of this danger and will apply your technique to survive the attack.
- It will be a face-to-face encounter against the shark. Your survival ability will be severely tested.
You have to learn the proper survival techniques for this sort of incident and also be prepared for this.
Read More: Why Is Underwater Welding Dangerous?
How to avoid a shark attack?
To avoid a shark attack, proper training and survival techniques should be learned by a welder.
- A welder should understand the environment under the water.
- Many sharks have their food during dawn and also dusk. It will be better to avoid working and diving during those hours.
- A welder should understand the behavior of sharks and also harmful marine creatures to avoid danger.
- Experts recommend to enter water as well as exit water in a quiet manner where there are sharks in that sea area.
- Besides, remaining quiet and calm while working in the water is important.
- It is wise not to follow sharks or their way. Doing so may attract them to you.
- You should not wear shiny materials if you are an underground welder. It will attract the shark and mistakenly consider you as a marine animal.
However, there are still chances that a shark might attack you. So, awareness and proper survival skill is a must for this.
Among the marine creatures, sharks are considered a deadly one for human beings.
In recent years, shark attacks have increased alarmingly.
Therefore an underwater welder is not at risk of facing a shark attack.
To prevent shark attacks, underwater welders should be aware of the danger they may face. Besides, it is very important to follow the safety protocol while performing underwater welding.